Treasury Bills are fixed income securities issued by Turkish Treasury with a maturity of less than one year whereas, Government Bonds are issued with a maturity of more than 1 year. Both product might be indexed to local or foreign currencies.
Features and Advantages
- You may easily invest in Treasury Bills and Government Bonds through HSBC Bank Branches.
- We participate in Treasury Bill and Government Bond auctions on your behalf.
- We intermediate in Treasury’s public offerings of bills and bonds.
- If you hold Treasury Bills and Government Bonds until maturity, you are guaranteed to receive your initial investment plus interest by the issuer.
- You can sell Treasury Bills and Government Bonds before maturity date.*
*In the market higher returns than expected can be obtained if interest rates go down, but the opposite is also possible.