HSBC Bank A.Ş. has adopted the following basic rules in order to ensure the privacy of all information given by its customers:
- HSBC will only collect information that it believes to be relevant and required to understand the customers financial needs and to conduct HSBC business.
- HSBC will use customer information to provide customers with better customer services and products.
- HSBC may pass customer information to other HSBC Group companies or agents or outsourcing companies, as permitted by law.
- HSBC will not disclose customer information to any external organisation unless HSBC have customer consent or are required by law or have previously informed the customer.
- HSBC may be required, from time to time, to disclose customer information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or HSBC regulators but HSBC will only do so under proper authority.
- HSBC aim to keep customer information up-to-date.
- HSBC maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to customer information by anyone, including HSBC staff.
- All Group companies, or HSBC staff and all third parties with permitted access to customer information are specifically required to observe HSBC confidentiality obligations.
- HSBC Bank A.Ş. will meet the requirements of customers who prefer not to receive direct communication, when they contact us at 0850 211 0 111 HSBC Bank Telephone Banking.
While using our HSBC Bank mobile application, different access permissions are obtained for some functions and processes within the application. The areas accessed and the reasons for accessing these areas are listed below. In order to use certain functions while using our Mobile Banking application you may need to grant the following permissions in the relevant transactions.
- Location permission: It is used in branch and ATM monitoring functions and fraud prevention controls within our application.
- Camera access permission: It is used in Digital Onboarding process, video call with customer representative and IBAN reading via camera.
- Gallery access permission: It is used in IBAN reading via photo selected from the gallery.
- Microphone access permission: It is used in the process of making video calls with a customer representative during the Digital Onboarding process.
- NFC access permission: It is used in the process of Digital Onboarding, transferring/reading of identity card information via chip.
- Information about the downloaded applications on your device: This information is being used in the processes of detecting fraud actions or malicious software.
About Protection of Personal Data
HSBC Bank A.Ş. Session data (IP address, operating system version, device brand and model, app time accessed), data about the geolocation of the user’s device (geolocation data using GPS data, nearest WI-FI Access points and mobile networks), search history on the user’s device and data about the installed applications on the device (application name, version, device identifier) are processed within the scope of fulfilling the Bank’s interests and legal obligations. You can find detailed information on the protection of personal data at https://www.hsbc.com.tr/en/hsbc/personal-data-protection.
HSBC Bank A.Ş. Notification on the Protection of Personal Data with Regard to Investment Products
As part of the processes with our Bank regarding investment products, personal data belonging to you including identity information, customer transaction information, product and customer risk profile information, financial information as well as professional experience information; and personal data belonging to your parent/guardian/agent, if any, including name, surname, signature information are physically collected through printed forms, phone, telephone banking, branches and ATMs and electronically collected through internet, phone, text messages (SMS), e-mail and mobile application channels. These data are used for the processing activities regarding the receipt of foreign exchange purchase/sale instructions, creation of a risk profile questionnaire and execution of risk management processes as well as foreign exchange, option, swap, fund, security and global bond transactions. Personal data can be transferred to third parties, such as competent public institutions & organizations and affiliates for compliance purposes, as well as domestic institutions & organizations from which we receive services or cooperate with to carry out our activities. We remind you that in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law, you can exercise your rights by applying to our bank.
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law, if you want to get more detailed information about the processing of your personal data by HSBC Bank A.Ş., including your rights about your personal data, you can review the notification on the personal data protection or contact us.
© Copyright HSBC BANK A.Ş.
All rights reserved.