For your security when using the ATM, please note the following:
- In setting your password, try not to pick numbers containing personal information, such as your birthday, or consecutive numbers that can be easily guessed by others.
- Do not allow anyone to see your PIN; do not tell it to anyone.
- Do not write your PIN on your card or on a piece of paper that you carry with you.
- When you are waiting in line, please make sure to keep a suitable distance between you and the person at the ATM, so that they can conduct their transactions comfortably. Make sure your PIN cannot be viewed by others when you enter it.
- Do not ask for help and do not leave the ATM while conducting your transactions.
- For cash deposit transactions, prepare your cash beforehand. When withdrawing cash, put your card and cash in your pocket or bag as quickly as possible.
- Do not carry your card or cash in your hand after your transaction is complete.
- Save or destroy any information receipts after your transaction.
- If you notice any suspicious activity, notify HSBC Bank Telephone Banking at 0850 211 0 111 immediately after completing your transaction. Do not use someone else's telephone to call HSBC Telephone Banking. Use the ATM assistance telephone next to the machine or your own telephone.
- In the event your card is lost or stolen, call HSBC Bank Telephone Banking at 0850 211 0 111 immediately to block your card. Do not let others call on your behalf.
As HSBC Bank, we take the following precautions for your ATM security:
- Your card PINs are saved electronically and cannot be accessed by anyone, including the bank personnel.
- The system related security of all your transactions is ensured by HSBC Bank ATM Banking's proprietary encryption systems.